Wednesday, July 23, 2014

SMALL LAUNDRY SOLUTIONS

laundry room with island. Love the idea of having more than one washer/dryer!!

As much as I wish this laundry was mine it's not... living in an apartment makes for a very teeny tiny laundry and mine is half laundry half second WC.

I dream of one day having a laundry with an island rather than a walk in closet!

Below I have listed some of my tips on how to get the most out of your small space and still make it feel a little luxe!

SMALL LAUNDRY SOLUTION TIPS

1. In such a small place you want to have as little out and visible as possible!
(Just keep one or two items out like a vase with flowers or a candle to give it a luxe feel)

2. Over the door clothes racks save up room and can easily stores behind the door do it is not visible.
(I also keep some coat hangers on mine to hand the shirts on)

3. Utilize the space between the washer and wall/sink/dryer!
I actually moved my mop and vacuum from this area to behind the door as having an apartment doesn't require a large vacuum and mine fits behind the door :-)
You can buy a rack that slides in between.
Click link to see an example http://www.pinterest.com/pin/287456388687088438/

4. Hang your ironing board on the back of the door

5. If your cleaning products and iron don't fit in the laundry sink cupboard use the top of your dryer or washing machine as a storage area for items you don't use often... I would use a nice white box and slip it on top of the dyer!

6. Create a shelf on a blank wall for your laundry washing powder or some simple decor


OTHER LAUNDRY TIPS

1. I keep a book on Laundry tips in the laundry so I always have it handy.

2.  Clean you washing machine frequently.. even a quick cycle with some baking soda and vinegar will do the trick!

3. I keep my iPod dock in the laundry sink cupboard so I can pull it out and listen to music when I do the ironing.. I also keep a candle of fresh linen scent and light it for a relaxing mood :-)

4. Keep a toothbrush in the laundry to clean the hard to reach places or to scrub detergent into stains

5. To get that wet towel smell out of your towels simply wash your towel in hot water with no detergent and just some vinegar! Yup! Does the trick!

6.  To remove rust or hard water stains from the stainless steel taps and handles simply rub a lemon over them! That easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment