Thursday, August 21, 2014

VEGAN LIFE

RICE KRISPIE

So, I really hate following recipes... I love to just experiment and come up with my own creations, but occasionally I give things a go which is what I did with these rice krispies but the recipe wasn't very clear and I was left to improvise. So I would recommend using the whole packet (500g) of marshmallows.
I added the peanut butter and chocolate myself (was not on the recipe) so feel free to add anything you want... sprinkles, nuts, nutella or jelly


7 EASY STEPS

1. Place marshmallows in oven until golden
2. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a saucepan
3. Add toasted marshmallows to butter and stir until combined
(note that marshmallows will be super sticky)
4. Add in your rice bubbles (about 3 cups) and stir until combined
(I recommend starting with two and see how the consistency is - you want it to be really gooey - I followed the recipe and found that it didn't call for enough marshmallows and called for way to many rice bubbles so my end result tasted amazing but didn't stick together very well)
5. Grate some dark chocolate and stir it in
6. Tip out the rice krispie mix into a container and let it sit for about half an hour
7. Cut into rectangles and devour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment